Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day after 2nd Surgery - All is fine

I made it through! And no tubes! I have only a little pain - took a few narcotic pain killers. After 4:00 AM this morning I've only had two Tylenol. I may take a pill before bed, but that will probably be the last of it.

This surgery I came out a bit nauseous and had a scratch in the roof of my mouth where the breathing tube nicked it. Today my throat is a little horse and I have a bit of water in my ears, which is quickly dissipating. That is the worst of it. I have to wear bandages and a surgical bra until Wednesday and then I should be good to go from there. No more hospitals for a long while!

I am able to walk fine, feed my animals, make meals, etc. with no problem. I am taking it easy with lifting and raising my arms over my head. I have my underarms back to regular shape and I don't have the pressure on my ribcage anymore and my breasts aren't hard, but more natural feeling. I only feel a bit of pain where the new scars on the sides of my breasts are. I'm sure getting the bandages off will feel even more freeing.

Not much else to say. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I am truly blessed. And this journey is almost at it's end.

God's Blessings to all!

TTFN,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment