Friday, July 20, 2012

Part 3 of reconstruction completed today

Finally got to part three of my reconstruction today! It was absolutely a wonderful experience. God was there with me through the whole thing. The doctor was wonderful as were his assistants. The nurse even called me at home today to check on me. God gets the credit for all this - for allowing me to be here to tell this story, to putting the right doctors in my path, it's just a blessing.

I go back on Monday to be checked and hopefully soon can take a shower. I took one today so I'm good until tomorrow. Will just use the sink for my hair and do sponge baths until the doctor gives me the green light.

Had a great ride yesterday with Winnie and Diane. We started our ride in the wake of an incoming thunderstorm. We sang "For Those Tears I Died" - in 3 part harmony. We sounded great. We got a bit further but the lightening started to roll in so we turned around and headed for the church at the other end of the road. We got about half way and it started to rain. We galloped back to the barn and dismounted. I was so thankful that I got my ride and that my friends were willing to ride even with a looming storm threat. God is good to me.

Jim has been great through all of this with me. He's always there for me. God has blessed me across the board with family and friends who love and keep me lifted up.

I'll keep posting until my next procedure which is my tattoos. I think that will be fun - weird to think that - but have never thought in a million years I would ever get a tattoo. What a hoot!

Love ya!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment