Friday, December 30, 2011

2nd to Last Day of 2011

Hi All!

Well, it's almost the end of 2011 already. And what a year! This was the year I decided to lose weight, go to the dentist, and get myself checked out by my primary care physician. I did lose the weight (gained some back), got to the dentist multiple times (root canal, three cleanings, three fillings and a crown), found breast cancer in one breast (very very early, thank God), found out I had the BRCA2 gene mutation, got a double mastectomy and double oophorectomy, and breast reconstruction. All that and all I can say is THANK YOU LORD FOR MY LIFE!

I am not in pain, I am able to do everything I did before and I didn't have to go through more treatments above the reconstruction. I am truly blessed!!!! I learned a lot about myself this year. I found out that I really do need Jesus Christ for everything and that He is the way, the truth and the life! Reading healing scripture (reading the Bible daily also is a plus) and prayer by both myself and others really do work! I am loved by God, my family, and friends - and I love them, too! I have a reason for being here, and God has given me that reason and what I need to do His Will. I also know that I am not perfect and I am a work in progress. I am here to help others and I am also allowed to accept help from others. I am allowed to be happy and joyful and to have a positive attitude. I am allowed to have fun and not sit in my misery and feel sorry for myself asking God why. I am a righteous child of God and that is all I need to know!

I read a phrase on Facebook the other day from Joyce Meyer - "Glance at your circumstances - stare at Jesus". That really touched me. I am learning to glance at my circumstances - they are only temporary. Jesus is for eternity - I need to concentrate on Him! When I follow Him the rest of my life falls into place. My life's journey is to follow and work towards becoming Christ-like. I have a long way to go - but I am enjoying the journey.

Happy New Year All! May you have a happy, healthy, and blessed 2012.

Love,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment