Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Latest "Fill Up"

Yesterday I went for me next fill up. We didn't add as much this time. My right breast (new one) seems to have more feeling and is more sensative. So it is currently smaller than the left side. I can't tolerate as much saline as I can on the left. It also has more skin left over after the surgery so is having trouble protruding outwards and is a little too far over to the right. The PS is taking his time and working to correct this.

It looks like I won't have the implant surgery until sometime in the Spring. I'm not really in any hurry, but the expanders are a bit uncomfortable at times. The pressure is the problem, not really painful. It takes me a little while at night in bed to get comfortable. The expanders are a little ungiving and harder than the implants will be. I am looking forward to the implants which are supposed to be much softer and more giving.

The left side is expanding very well and is very close to being to the size I want. I guess I will end up a C cup, which is fine. I was a B cup in my younger days, but that was before kids :-) The difference now is that they are no longer two saggy bags. The bad thing is the two scars, which will be re-cut and probably made straighter across at the next surgery.

I have been exercising and using free weights. The PS told me that I can do any exercise I want including push ups. I think I will wait on the push ups until after my surgeries are all over. I wasn't too good at them before the surgery.

Through all this God is in control. He is always there cheering me on through people and circumstances.

I got a great surprise on Monday. My husband and son's Karate school, Kraimer's Karate, collected three big boxes of groceries and gift cards for me and my family. I was so overwhelmed at the generosity and felt so blessed. What a great group of caring people! God's love shining through! One of the ladies at the school also had breast cancer and went through a lumpectomy and cancer treatments. I will be touching base with her soon to see how she is doing.

Do you see how God takes a bad circumstance like breast cancer, and turns it into many positive circumstances? Romans 8:28. God is so good!

We went to Jim's parent's this weekend and had dinner at my sister-in-law's house. I also go to visit with our friend, Judy. She also shares in her own breast cancer journey. She has not had it easy but has the best attitude and is such an inspiration to me. She prays for me daily and praises God every step of the way. She made a beautiful white scarf and wore it when she visited us. I liked it so much that she gave it to me. I will have to take a picture with it so all can see. Soon I'll be trying to post the cancer walk and cancer ride pictures I just need to get them scanned and figure out how to post them in this blog.

Hope all had a Happy Thanksgiving. And I hope you were able to thank God for all that you have and not complain about what you don't have. And I hope you were able to spend time with those you love.

Have a great day and week!
Love,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment